You never have to worry about the cost of care when being treated at Medco ER. Our mission is to help all patients who come through the door to ensure they get the care they deserve at a fair price with no “surprise” or balance billing. We take great care to review each claim and ensure that your insurer processes the claim correctly
We Offer Full Transparency:
Upon presentation, each patient is seen within minutes by one of our board-certified physicians. Our front office staff discusses all fees in advance and works aggressively with insurance carriers on behalf of our patients to ensure claims are filed correctly for their level of care. Medco’s staff goes the extra mile to work with each patient to mitigate the financial burden of medical care because we believe that nothing should ever discourage someone from seeking the medical help they need
Notice To All Patients:
- Medco Emergency Room is a Freestanding Emergency Room Medical Care Facility.
- The facility charges rates comparable to a hospital emergency room and may charge a facility fee.
- Either the facility or a physician providing services at the facility may be out-of-network with the patient’s health plan
- A physician(s) providing care at the facility may bill separately from the facility.
- Medco is out-of-network for all benefit plans.
Aviso A Todos Los Pacientes:
- La Sala de Emergencias Medco Emergency Room es un centro de atención médica de la sala de emergencias independiente.
- El centro cobra tarifas comparables a una sala de emergencias del hospital y puede cobrar una tarifa de instalación.
- El centro o un médico que proporciona servicios en la instalación puede estar fuera de la red con el plan de salud del paciente
- Un médico(s) que brinde atención en el centro puede facturar por separado de la instalación.
- Medco está fuera de la red para todos los planes de beneficios.
Disclaimer to All Patients:
The CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) does not yet recognize Freestanding Emergency Centers, which is why Medco Emergency Room cannot currently accept the following medical insurances: Medicaid, Medicare, and Tricare.
Texas Senate Bill 425
Senate Bill 425, passed by the Texas Legislature during the 84th Regular Session, requires all FECs to post notice of the following:
- This is a Freestanding Emergency Medical Care Facility
- This facility charges rates comparable to a hospital Emergency Room and may charge a facility fee
- This facility or physician providing medical care at this facility may not be a participating provider in your Health Benefit Plan provider network
- A physician providing medical care at this facility may bill separately from the facility for the medical care provided to you
Texas House Bill 3276
- The facility is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network.